Dear Fellow Colleagues,
I consider myself a highly motivated and accomplished professional that has worked in the A/E/C industry for 15 years and I am willing to relocate for the right opportunity. My recent experience is similar to your current opening and would be beneficial to your projects and firm. I have worked for three structural engineering firms, an MEP firm and a fuel storage design firm in the recent past. I have also worked for a design build firm for approximately 10 years at the same time where I have experienced the work of several disciplines on numerous projects.
I have had many titles such as network administrator, computer repair technician, project manager, CAD designer, CAD technician, CAD operator, CAD manager, CAD Guru and anything else my client had a need for. If a title was all I was after I would have quit working in this industry a long time ago. To simplify it for everyone I just called myself an independent contractor throughout most of my career and I have been that way by choice. The benefit of being an independent contractor in the past was the exposure to numerous CAD programs within several different types of firms from design build to multi-discipline firms on a wide variety of commercial projects. Working as an independent contractor is more demanding than working as an employee. Keeping clients happy as an independent contractor requires flexibility, adaptability and the desire to learn because each different firm has their own needs. My diverse experience has also led me to continuously evaluate solutions to potential problems within the entire project instead of problems within just one discipline.
My use of AutoCAD dates back to release 10 which was sold in 1988, and is as recent as the 2012 releases. AutoDesk has released several variations of AutoCAD to reflect the needs of individual disciplines such as Land Desktop, Autocad MEP, Architectural Desktop, AutoCAD Civil 3D and more. Since not all clients are alike and have different needs I have had to modify several of these CAD programs. I have incorporated customizations, libraries, menus, commands and more to enhance the overall efficiency of production while managing it all. Some of the CAD software I have used on projects are Microstation, Inventor, Revit, Alibre, AutoSketch, and Google SketchUp just to name a few.
I have provided some links to some online portfolios of finished projects I have worked on throughout my career for you to look at below.
(Requires networked linkedin account for viewing the portfolio and downloading files)
Downloadable Sample 3D Models:
Google Sketchup Warehouse
More 3D Google Sketchup Models
(Too large for warehouse and in progress)
I look forward to discussing the possibility of working with you and your talented staff on new challenging projects. Thank you for your time and consideration.
3427 Fernwood Drive
Kissimmee, Florida 34741
Cell: (321) 437-8030
E-Fax: (703) 891-5162
BIM / CAD DESIGNER & MANAGEMENT
Autodesk AutoCAD (several versions)
Autodesk Revit (BIM)
Gas & Oil
Laeqali and Associates Inc.
09/2001 - 12/2010
*** I still work here on a per project basis but it is not steady employment. ****
Developed designs and drawings in using numerous programs in 2D or 3D for multiple disciplines on projects ranging from custom homes and gas stations to schools and religious structures with Syed Ali.
Responsible for all computer hardware and software including the network
(Several projects can be seen in the online portfolios)
ECMC Services Inc.
Full Time Employee
10/2007 - 10/2008
Developed drawings for numerous fuel storage and fuel distribution facilities for airports, shipping ports, military bases and more with Bruce Kelley and Kerry Martin.
Met all CAD project deadlines with minimal turn around times
Managed a government contractor grade network infrastructure with security installation for data and telecommunications.
Upgraded inadequate equipment and specced new hardware for a government contractor grade network infrastructure with security installation for data and telecommunications.
Repaired and upgraded computers.
Specced and designed an over clocked, liquid cooled and refrigerated graphics workstation.
Kamm Consulting Inc.
Contractor per Project
07/2007 - 08/2007
Brought on as an independent contractor by Vice President Gordon Myers in the Tampa office to develop drawings in several disciplines for the Ritz Carlton Residences of South Beach, Florida
After several 100+ hour work weeks the project went from far behind schedule to meeting the deadline ahead of schedule.
(Finished project shown in online portfolios)
Mohan Engineering Inc.
10/2005 - 04/2007
Computer and network repairs upgrades and support
Developed structural designs and drawings for several grocery stores, car lots, warehouses, residences hospitals and restaurants. Publix, Sweetbay and Ferman Car dealerships just to name a few with George Mohan.
McCarthy & Associates Inc.
10/2005 - 10/2006
Developed several drawings for large scale projects consisting of schools, resorts, warehouses, high rises, a bridge and more with Michael McCarthy.
Checked and redlined documents for drafters
Coordinated efforts from other companies for projects.
Warlick Hall Engineering Inc.
10/2004 - 10/2005
Maintained, repaired and upgraded computers while working on several large projects with Douglas Hall.
Coordinated efforts of many companies on large projects
Projects ranged from as complex and large as roller coasters, hospitals, malls and auditoriums to as small as custom homes and custom glass opening drawings.
(Many of these projects are shown on the online portfolios.)
Mark Keiser Architects Inc.
Saint Petersburg, FL
10/2003 - 10/2004
Recovered lost data several times saving the company after hardware manufacturers and a custom builder sent a bad server with a malfunctioning raid controller. (Eventually it was noted that this was a problem with the NVIDIA RAID controller which was one of their first storage controllers supporting NON RAID.)
Specifically requested to recovered lost data after contract expired well after departure from company.
Managed and created extensive customizations to CAD
Managed CAD library
Retrieved all company data including all financial records and correspondence from a failed RAID.
Developed an extensive amount of designs and drawings for projects from site visits and conception to permitting.
Coordinated contractors and efforts from other firms on projects
Maintained repaired and upgraded all network hardware in the office.
Maintained ISP logs and service records
Rogers & Sark Consulting Inc.
10/2000 - 04/2001
Provide waterproofing details and roofing drawings for schools, resorts, hotels and various other projects using AutoCAD with Bill Rogers and Arthur Sark.
Architectural Engineering Resources Inc.
04/2000 - 12/2000
I was recruited by Pouria Bidhendi for Architectural Engineering Resources Inc. as a sub contractor in several firms. Universal Studios Islands of Adventure Jurassic Park river ride, several retail spaces in the Orlando International Airport, and the Florida Christian Center an assisted living facility in Jacksonville, Florida were among several projects I was involved with while I was a sub for (AER). The types of drawings and the length of the stay in a firm varied upon their client's needs. This chance to experience a wide variety of projects and disciplines in a relatively short period of time reinforced my decision to remain an independent contractor through out my career. Unlike being an employee I could experience different disciplines while getting the opportunity to choose projects, companies, and disciplines to work in. The job was never boring or mundane and always kept me thinking about the constant challenges I faced.
(Several projects I have worked on during this period can be seen in the online portfolios)
Commons Medical Development Inc.
05/1999 - 04/2000
Responsible for many CAD modifications, CAD management, and developing drawings for numerous medical facilities.
Assisting the network administrator in numerous tasks ranging from upgrades and maintenance to repairs.
(Several of these projects can be seen in the online portfolios)
03/1999 - 06/1999
This was my first experience in a custom home designing firm. Responsible for many CAD designs and drawings for several high end single family residential dwellings. These homes were through out central Florida and Disney's Celebration. After a few months of working here I came to the conclusion I would rather stick with commercial projects if I have a choice.
(Pictures of Disney's Celebration are shown in the online portfolios)
05/1999 - 04/2000
Customized CAD and CAD Management while developing numerous drawings for several of Eugene Hayes' projects. Many projects included but are not limited to the Orlando International airport parking terminals and several jails.
CADD Development Inc.
05/1999 - 04/2000
I was responsible for developing as built AutoCAD drawings of the Cape Kennedy Space Center. While I was there I took AutoCAD certification courses and eventually became certified by Autodesk. Other people that worked on this project were college students hired for the project and not considered employees. The company was bought out by Imaginit Technologies which is a "RAND Worldwide Company"
American Bridge Company
05/1999 - 04/2000
I finished all assigned work pertaining to the Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle aka EELV project 3 weeks ahead of schedule.
(Finished pictures of this project can be seen in the online portfolios)
Perez Perez Martin Architecs Inc.
05/1999 - 04/2000
I developed many drawings and documents for Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. Areas include Suess Landing, Port of Entry and Popeye's & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barge with Miguel Martin.
(Pictures of these projects can in the online portfolios)
ITT Technical Institute
A.S. Science Degree
CAD PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT:
• Developed and maintained AutoCAD, graphic standards, and custom menus.
• Created and managed extensive drawing component libraries.
• Configured secure wireless networks with internet and security.
• Repaired, upgraded and maintained several laptops, workstations and servers.
• Optimized, supported and maintained operating system installations and software.
• Provided comprehensive network administration and computer repair services.
• Coordinated with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate purchases and services
• Acted as help desk support for hardware and software applications.
• Specified and implemented hardware and software to expand the computer infrastructure and increased company production capabilities.
• Supervised and trained other technologists, technicians and drafters.
• Managed cross referenced files from other disciplines pertaining to projects, applied updates and archived outdated project files.
• Updated and produced files for AutoCAD libraries to reflect new industry and building code standards
• Organized and maintained AutoCAD libraries based on conditions and building codes
• Supervised, coordinated, and inspected the work of draftspersons, technicians, and technologists on construction projects.
• Planned, coordinated, and implemented network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
• Liaised between several firms responsible for the design functions and various building departments for final drawing production that complied with local, state, and federal building codes.
• Ensured project needs were met in terms of work plan schedules.
• Developed and managed cross referenced files of various formats for large projects.
• Explained drawings to production or construction teams and provided adjustments as necessary.
• Coordinated designs from other disciplines involved to determine a method of presentation to graphically represent documents for the completion of the project.
• Represented architects or engineers on construction site, ensuring builder compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections, under architect or engineer supervision.
• Prepared cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents and technical reports for specific projects under an architect's supervision.
• Determined procedures and instructions to be followed, according to design specifications and quantity of required materials.
PROJECT DESIGN & SUPPORT:
• Supported proposal and presentation efforts through CAD models illustrations and other computer generated graphics.
• Collaborated with project team members to limit/resolve technical design issues.
• Supported the firm in all aspects of (CAD/BIM) design from site interpretation to final design package.
• Ensured the accuracy of drawings and maintained production schedules.
• Produced detailed design and working drawings for projects for multiple disciplines.
• Performed technical drafting and related engineering design tasks for commercial and residential projects.
• Calculated weights, volumes, and stress factors and their implications for technical aspects of designs.
• Determined quality, cost, strength and quantity of required materials, and entered figures on materials lists.
• Supervised and conducted field surveys, inspections or technical investigations to obtain data required to revise construction drawings.
• Laid out and planned interior room arrangements for commercial buildings using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
• Analyzed building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
• Reviewed work orders and procedural manuals, then conferred with vendors and design staff to resolve problems in order to modify designs.
• Developed rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data.
• Obtained and assembled data to complete project designs from site visits when necessary
• Analyzed technical implications of a design concept, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
• Collaborated with other (CAD/BIM) technicians, engineers and architects as part of design teams.
• Prepared drawings from markups, sketches, red lines, specifications and supporting documentation for residential and commercial projects.
• Located and identified symbols on topographical surveys to denote geological and geophysical formations.
• Determined the order of work and method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
• Reviewed rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from architects, and engineers to ensure conformity without compromising the design concepts.
• Finished and duplicated drawings and documentation packages, according to required mediums and specifications for reproduction using blueprinting, photography, or other duplicating methods.
• Developed maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures.
• Drafted plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects such as highways, sewage disposal systems, and dikes, working from sketches or notes.
• Produced drawings using computer-assisted drafting systems (CAD/BIM) or drafting machines, or by hand using compasses, dividers, protractors, triangles and other drafting devices.
• Operated computer-aided drafting (CAD/BIM) equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms and records.
(please see links to my online project portfolios for photos of completed projects and more information)
Mitchell Air Reserve Station Fuel Storage
Cape Kennedy Space Center
Fort Drum Air Force Base Fuel Storage
Miramar Outlet Shopping Mall
Orlando International Airport Retail Spaces
Tampa International Airport Retail Spaces
Orlando International Airport Parking Terminals
Numerous Airport Fuel Storage Facilities
Illinois Air National Guard Fuel Storage
West Virginia Air National Guard Fuel Storage
Port of Tampa Fuel Storage
Albemarle County Jail
American Industrial Equipment Headquarters
Citrus Memorial Hospital
St. Joseph's Women's Hospital
Gulfcoast Endoscopy Center
Port Orange Halifax Medical Center
Daytona Halifax Medical Center
Ashville Cardiology Group Practice Building
Florida Heart Group Practice Building
USF Sun Dome
USF Nanotech Building
American Youth Academy
Community Education Center of Tampa, Florida
Various Schools throughout Florida
Sweetbay Super Markets
Publix Super Markets
Shoppes at Southbay
Habana Medical Office Building
Sun Coast Auto dealerships
Sarasota Herald Building
Florida Christian Center Jacksonville, Florida
Islamic Society of Tampa Mosque
Hindu Temple of Tampa, Florida
South Florida Education Credit Union
Washington Mutual Banks
Greenwood Apartment Complex
Historic YMCA Condominium Conversion
Ritz Carlton Residences
Disney’s Royal Plaza Hotel
Bush Gardens Sheikra Roller Coaster
Universal Studio’s Jurassic Park
Universal Studio’s Twister
Universal Studio’s IOA Seuss Landing
Universal Studio’s IOA Toon Lagoon
Universal Studio’s IOA Popeye's & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges
Universal Studio’s IOA Port of Entry